We highly recommend that you use the microfiber bag included with your sunglasses or goggles to clean their lenses. As an alternative, you can use proper optical cleaning products. Please do not use paper, handkerchiefs, cloths, or clothes—and be sure to routinely wash the bag to prevent it from accumulating dust and particulate matter that could harm your lenses.
Dirt, dust, and moisture can create havoc on the materials used in our lenses and can really hinder your vision.
If you have dust, spots, or any type of impurity on your lenses we recommend that you remove them from the frame (See how to replace my lens), and run them under room temperature bottled water and let it dry out in the open air. We do not recommend running your goggles through the washing machine or dishwasher.
If the spots don’t disappear, gather up the following materials from your kitchen:
- Measuring cup
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Goggle bag
- Mix 1 teaspoon (5ml) of detergent with 1 & 1/4 Cup of water (300ml).
- Take a soft cloth or your SHRED. goggle bag and dip it in the detergent mix.
- Gently wipe the area with water spots
- Run the same cloth or goggle bag under clean water, and wipe off the lens a few times.
- Let the lens dry out in the open for 40 minutes.