Simply put, cylindrical lenses are made from a flat sheet of polycarbonate, and have a flattened look in the frame. Spherical lenses are a rounded lens for a 3D look . The curved design of spherical lenses (on the Stupefy, Smartefy and Mini models) allows light to travel directly to the eye from any direction; the angles created by a traditional flat lens can cause inconsistent light refraction that strains eyes & skews perception. However SHRED.’s carved cylindrical lenses (on Amazify and Simplify models) have a slightly tapered form to give you the look you want without compromising your vision.
Articles in this section
- What is the best lens for sunny/cloudy/foggy/night conditions?
- What’s the difference between Cylindrical Lenses and Spherical Lenses?
- What’s the difference between a Single Lens and Double Lens?
- Which lens should I get? | What does VLT% mean?
- How do I replace my lens?
- How do I change my goggle strap?
- How do I increase the life of my lenses (Sunglasses or Goggles)
- Are SHRED. replacement lenses interchangeable between models?
- Do SHRED. replacement lenses fit in other brand goggles?
- Do I get to pick my bonus lens?